Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fear

Ever since adoptions in Russia by US citizens were banned, I have had this overwhelming sense of dread each time I log onto the US adoption website and see our country's name with a bright red alert notice next to it. My fear is that what happened in Russia and to our friends will happen to us as well.

About a year ago, God healed my heart of a lot of fear that had been growing inside me for years and years. It was all gone but suddenly I became very fearful every day and checking that website to make sure that nothing as drastic as Russia's decree was happening in our country.

FEAR IS NOT FROM GOD.

He does not want us to  feel afraid and many times even says in His word, "Do not be afraid." Fear is deadly and destructive. In fact, Luke 21:26 says that "men's hearts will fail them for fear." FAIL!!

I have been meditating on these verses a lot lately and hope that if you are fearful or afraid... of anything, you will hold onto these verses as well and remember that "God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

The Lord is my light and my salvation
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?   Psalm 27:1

say to those with fearful hearts,
    “Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
    he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
    he will come to save you.”   Isaiah 35:4

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.   Isaiah 41:13

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
    I will bring your children from the east
    and gather you from the west.   Isaiah 43:5

... sense a pattern?? Looks like I should camp out in Isaiah for a while. :)

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”  Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment