Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I hope that you are enjoying this first week of 2013. Boy, did 2012 fly by!! As I get older, time seems to pass by much more quickly than when I was a kid. I guess it's part of growing up! Here is a little recap of what 2012 had in store for my family.

{January}
I celebrated New Years in Jackson, TN with my best friend, Catherine!
Officially left my job at Steak 'n Shake after 4 1/2 years.
I began my first student teaching placement (4th grade) at LaGrange Elementary in Oldham Co!
Alex went to the Orange Bowl in Miami to cheer on the WV mountaineers!!

{February}
I participated in Fryberger with my ZTA sisters, and we came in 2nd PLACE along with best costume!!

{March}
I began my second teaching placement (3rd grade) at LaGrange Elementary!
Alex took a "guy trip" with his dad to ALASKA!!

{April}
Alex was promoted as General Manager of his OWN Finish Line store and moved to Ohio!
I finished student teaching and journeyed to Belize with many other UofL students to teach for 2 weeks!

{May}
I graduated from COLLEGE with my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education!

{June}
Alex turned 24!
I was in one of my BEST FRIEND'S wedding!! Congratulations to Catherine and Russell Stanford!

{July}
We moved to Cold Spring, KY for Alex's job. No more long distance marriage!
Alex and I took a road trip to WYOMING as the first of our 50 states in 50 years goal!
We added another puppy into our family. Welcome to the family, Brooks!
Met Jana Kramer at her concert in Louisville. SO MUCH FUN!!
Alex and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary.

{August}
Joined The Bridge Community Church, just a mile down the street from where we live!
I got hired as a tutor for the Campbell Co. school district and as a substitute teacher in many other school districts!

{September}
Alex and I had a date night to see one of our American Idol favorites... Colton Dixon!
Went to the Reds vs. Dodgers game in Cincinnati with Alex and my dad.
Joined a small group at our new church and started making lovely friendships.
Alex and I officially decided that we were going to begin the process of adopting a little girl!

{October}
My mom, sister, Alex and I ran in our first 5K in Nashville! We raised over $700 for Mercy Ministries. Praise God!
I started coaching softball at Highlands High School in Fort Thomas, KY!

{November}
I celebrated my 23rd birthday!
Alex began playing indoor soccer at a local sports complex with a coworker.
We began paying back my student loans. :( :( 

{December}
Alex and I celebrated our 6th Christmas together in Louisville with my family.

{New Years Eve}
We celebrated with new friends from The Bridge (our new church in NKY) and had a blast getting to know other couples our age!

No comments:

Post a Comment