Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"Either Way... PRAY"

Today, Election Day, I have been really convicted about the lack of prayer I have offered up to God on behalf of our current president, Barack Obama, over the past four years. God has given us the BLESSING of being able to approach Him in prayer on behalf of anyone or any situation, yet I have not regularly been praying for the person leading our country and making some of the most important decisions he will ever make. Talk about feeling a little guilty! 

I have resolved that regardless of who wins the election tonight, my motto today will be 

"Either way... PRAY." 
President Barack Obama
Governor Mitt Romney
I pray that you will please join me in this commitment! Every Monday I will post a reminder, and we will be praying for our President and many other leaders in our nation. Please leave a comment below, telling me that you are committing to pray, either way.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you, girl. We get too wrapped up in hating the other side that we forget we're supposed to respect who God put in charge and pray for him or her to make good decisions!

    ReplyDelete