Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Gift of Giving

It is about that time of year when all the stores have put out their holiday decorations and the anxious thoughts of what to buy everyone for Christmas begin. I was decluttering the office this evening and found a church bulletin from around Christmas time last year. Dave Stone, Senior Pastor at Southeast Christian Church (in Louisville where I grew up), preached on Jesus being the ultimate Christmas gift to us. He also presented a list of questions that we should consider when thinking about our gift-giving. I'll share the list of questions we should all try to ask ourselves at some point! 

- Is it meaningful?

- Does it strike a personal chord?

- Does it enhance the relationship?

- Does it require sacrifice?

I am going to try to incorporate meaning into my gifts this year, rather than focusing on a certain dollar amount. We'll see what I end up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment